Cosmetics Vision has been created by the multi-media events business and publisher of the CosmeticsDesign online journals - William Reed Business Media, to address a three-fold objective; to bring the international cosmetics industry together for mutual benefit, to promote and share best practice and innovatory developments and to foster peer-to-peer debate amongst cosmetics business leaders and strategists.
The programme draws together experienced practitioners and experts from around the world to address key issues that affect competitiveness and business value including:
- Open innovation and accelerated R&D
- Beauty and nutrition – the challenge of convergence
- Customer complicity – the fast-track to loyalty and sales
- Sustainability and the trend towards naturally sourced ingredients
- Regulation as a source of competitive advantage
Cosmetics Vision’s portfolio of international speakers and contributors is rapidly taking shape and we are delighted to announce that Bertil Heerink, Director General of Cosmetics Europe will lead proceedings as the keynote speaker. The programme also includes:
- Jo Fairley, entrepreneur, columnist, co-editor of ‘The Beauty Bible’ and co-founder of Green & Blacks Chocolate, provides an entrepreneur’s insight into what women want and how women buy
- Will King, founder and CEO of King of Shaves, uncovers the secrets of marketing to men
- Horst Rechelbacher, founder of Aveda and author of ‘Minding Your Business: Profits that restore the planet’, addresses profitable sustainability
- Annelie Struessmann, Technical Director of CONUSBAT, evaluate regulation as a source of competitive advantage
- Dr Alain Khaiat, Founder of Sears Consulting and former Senior VP of Research & Quality Assurance Asia Pacific for Johnson & Johnson, looks at the challenges and opportunities presented by emerging markets
The programme is in progress and can be viewed at www.cosmeticsvisionevent.com.
“The cosmetics industry faces challenging times, when the ability to capture the consumer zeitgeist and deliver innovation to meet it defines success,” says Simon Pitman, senior editor of CosmeticsDesign. “We have created a programme that will ignite fresh thinking and inspire new approaches.”
Cosmetics Vision’s busy schedule of debates, discussions and presentations sets out to encourage interaction, networking and the exchange of ideas.
The aim, says vision events director, Christina Wood, is to “help bridge the gap between cosmetics development and cosmetics marketing for organisations that want to fuel consumer-focused and sustainable innovation across their whole business – not just in terms of the products they create, but the way those products are brought to market.”
Cosmetics Vision 2014 will be held at the five star Grand Hyatt Martinez Hotel, Cannes, France, where an exclusive Summit Suite will be created that combines business, networking and residential facilities.