The internationally-recognised event takes place across two venues to reflect all areas of the beauty world.
Between 15th -17th November 2017, the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre will tackle the latest trends and launches in the perfumery and cosmetics, natural and organic, beauty salon, hair, nail and accessories sectors.
From 14th-16th November 2017, Cosmopack Asia, which will be held at the AsiaWorld-Expo, will explore what is happening in the cosmetic sphere’s entire supply chain including ingredients, contract manufacturing, machinery and packaging.
This year’s event will feature both the Innovation Circle Awards and the Beauty Circle Awards.
Following the first-time Innovation Circle Awards in 2016, innovation will be at the centre of this year’s event once more and will award those companies that have succeeded in formulation and packaging.
In 2017, Beauty Circle Awards will also emerge on this year’s events calendar. It will appreciate the creativity and marketing strategies of those exhibitors attending the three-day show.
Both initiatives are organised in partnership with subscription-based trend intelligence resource, Beautystreams, which is organising both awards, while branding and design firm, Centdegres, is creating the trophy concept.
The winners of the Innovation Circle Awards will be announced on 14th November at the AsiaWorld-Expo and the winners of the Beauty Circle Awards will be revealed on 15th November as part of the 22nd edition of Cosmoprof Asia.
Beauty Circle Awards
For the inaugural beauty circle awards, the categories are:
- Make Up Product Award, highlighting face complexion, eyes and lips products
- Skin care Product Award, relating to face, body, sun care, personal care and toiletries
- Nail Product Award, including nail care, nail colour and nail art
- Hair Product Award, embracing hair care, hair colour and hair styling
- Natural & Organic Award for all categories
- Best Beauty Brand Online Award. In the digital sphere, this brand will be picked based on product marketing impact, and exhibitor's capacity in brand building, promotion and cultivating relationships, social media impact, innovation and outstanding online presence
Beauty and cosmetic creators form part of the event's jury and include: Britta Fleck, Glossybox; Carlotta Jacobsson, Cosmetic Executive Women; Jans Peter Peuckert, Parfumerie Douglas; Karine Ohana, Ohana & Co; Louis Houdart, Creative Capital; and Michael Nolte, Beautystreams.
Innovation Circle Awards
The second instalment will showcase the theme of nightscape. There will be five awards available, alongside a special award from the jury:
- Make Up Formula Award relates to colour cosmetics and nails
- Skin care Formula Award includes skin care, hair, toiletries and personal care
- Skin care Packaging Technology Award includes skin care, hair, toiletries and personal care
- Make Up Packaging Technology Award includes colour cosmetics and nails
- Packaging Design Award includes colour cosmetics, nails, skin care, hair, toiletries, personal care and fragrances
- Special Jury Award, innovation, creativity, sustainability and execution rate highly
Leading household brands and intelligence groups make up the jury, and includes: Andrea Alvares, Natura; Elie Papiernick, Centdegres; Joyce Kim, NYX Cosmetics NYX; Julia Wray, SPC; Kilala Tilaar, Martha Tilaar Group; Lan Vu, Beautystreams; Luc Berriet, Firmenich; Lyla Wu, Neuni Group; Masa Cui, Marie Dalgar; Oonagh Phillips, BW Confidential; Sam Cheow, L'Oréal; Sarina Godin, Butter London; Seung-chuel Kim, Tonymoly; Stephane Colleu, DR Brandt Skincare; and Xiaojing Huang, Yang Yang Design.
Products or project submissions can be submitted by 15th September, with the finalists being unveiled on 26th September. For more information, visit www.cosmoprof-asia.com.