This structural change will come into force as of 1st January 2018, following a discussion at the General Meeting of Shareholders, which is scheduled to take place on 27th December 2017.
Making a change at the top
Kanebo’s announcement marks a pivotal strategic change in the company’s determination to reach its next stage of growth.
As such, the Kao-owned Japanese cosmetics name will change its existing president, representative director and executive officers in time for the new year.
As reported on 1st December 2017 in a press release by Kanebo, Yoshihiro Murakami, the current president of the skin care business at the Global Kao Corporation is set to take on the role of the newly-elected president and representative director. Murakami will replace the company’s current president and representative director, Masumi Natsusaka, who is resigning.
There is also a host of changes lined up relating to the company’s executive officers. Yasushi Nakamura is an executive officer, senior vice president of the East Asia Region, president of Kanebo Cosmetics (China), member of the board and vice president of the cosmetic business in Kao (China). Nakamura will be promoted from the role of executive officer to the position of managing executive officer.
Shinji Kasuga, Senior Director of Marketing-Mass Market Brands has also been appointed as a newly elected executive officer. Nobuaki Konishi, Executive Officer, President of Marketing and Toyonobu Kawa, Executive Officer and Senior Director of Customer Care have both resigned from their posts as executive officers.
Moving towards K20
This re-shuffling means that as of 1st January 2018 there will be a new team of executive officers heading up Kanebo, all bringing knowledge and experience from marketing, quality assurance, activities management, human capital development and beauty research and training.
These executive officers are listed below:
- President Yoshihiro Murakami, Managing Executive Officer
- Managing Executive Officer Yasushi Aoki, Senior Vice President, Human Capital Development
- Managing Executive Officer Kouzou Fukuda Senior Vice President, Management Planning, Responsible for TCR Activities
- Managing Executive Officer Yasushi Nakamura Senior Vice President, East Asia Region, President of Kanebo Cosmetics (China)
- Executive Officer Kouji Hagiwara, Vice President, Human Capital Development
- Executive Officer Kenji Kodama Senior Vice President, Product Development
- Executive Officer Kasumi Okazaki, Senior Vice President, Beauty Research & Training
- Executive Officer Akiyoshi Otsuka, Senior Vice President, International Business
- Executive Officer Shuji Tagata, Senior Vice President, Quality Assurance
- Executive Officer Shinji Kasuga, President of Marketing
This shake-up at the top comes at a time when Kanebo’s parent organisation, Kao, moves towards it K20 plan. The enterprise hopes to achieve global expansion through generating sustainable growth and investing in its sustainability initiatives.