The relationship between the microbiome and healthy skin has been described by commentators as ‘the next microbiome frontier’, with huge potential tipped for the beauty and personal care industry. Discover more on what exactly the skin microbiome is, and its potential for skin care, in our overview here.
Skin microbiome highlights at in-cosmetics Global 2019
This year’s in-cosmetics Global show is set to showcase some of the key innovations and breakthroughs in the skin microbiome space, and has some exciting presentations dedicated to it. Our top picks from the programme are:
Day One: Tuesday 2 April
- ‘Skin microbiome for a personalised beauty care’: 09:50 - 10:20, Technical Seminars Theatre 3. Full details here.
- ‘Substantiating anti-pollution, blue light and microbiota cosmetic claims’: 10:20 - 10:50 Technical Seminars Theatre 1. Full details here.
- ‘Skin microbiota: latest update for cosmetic applications’: 12:00 - 12:30 Technical Seminars Theatre 1. Full details here.
Day Two: Wednesday 3 April
- ‘Natural antimicrobial strategies for a postbiotic future’: 11:50 - 12:20 Technical Seminars Theatre 1. Full details here.
- ‘Postbiotics - The most innovative frontier in anti-ageing & sensitive skin protection’: 12:10 - 12:40 Technical Seminars Theatre 2. Full details here.
- ‘The skin microbiome - the known and unknown in product development’: 14:00 - 17:30 Workshop Room 2. Full details here.
Exhibitors set to offer a focus on the trend at in-cosmetics Global include DSM, Givaudan, Codif, Mérieux NutriSciences, and more.
Cosmetics Design brings the trend to the fore
We at Cosmetics Design are honing in on the skin microbiome trend this year too, with two dedicated features.
We are devoting a dedicated ingredient category for this year’s Beauty Industry Awards to the trend, with the winners set to be announced at our dedicated awards ceremony at in-cosmetics Global, on the evening of Wednesday 3 April.
The Best Skin Microbiome Brand category invites any brand on the market with microbiome claims to enter the competition to determine the best product on the market, according to our panel of carefully chosen judges.
And excitingly, we are also hosting two-day conference program dedicated to the skin microbiome for our inaugural Cosmetics Design Summit, taking place in Amsterdam 24-25th June.
Find out more and register HERE to join us at the Cosmetics Design Summit 2019: Skin Microbiome Innovation, which is sponsored by DSM and Givaudan (Diamond sponsors); Solabia and Sabinsa (Platinum sponsors); Mibelle and Atlantia (Gold sponsors), and Indena (supporter).