SHOW WILL NOW TAKE PLACE IN SEPTEMBER FOLLOWING SECOND POSTPONEMENT
Update: Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna postponed due to COVID-19
Initially scheduled to take place March 12-16 and postponed to June, the European cosmetics tradeshow will now be held 3-7 September. The move had been made following the release of emergency decrees to limit the spread of coronavirus in Italy and limitations on international travel, the show organiser BolognaFiere said in a statement.
"In the next months, BolognaFiere Cosmoprof will devote its attention to the reorganisation of the scheduled business activities and initiatives, to guarantee companies and operators a high-quality edition of Cosmoprof.”
Elevated level of health emergency
Gianpiero Calzolari, president of show organiser BolognaFiere, said: “The restrictions affecting our country and the limitations on international travels announced by other nations do not currently create the necessary preconditions for the business and networking activities as the basis of a global event such as Cosmoprof. The decision to further postpone the show in September, also based on evident prudential reasons related to the health emergency, is the result of a responsible dialogue with associations and institutions, with the common goal of creating the best scenario for the relaunch of the sector.”
Renato Ancorotti, president of personal care association Cosmetica Italia, said the decision to further postpone the event had been carefully considered.
“Following a series of comparisons and analysis of the needs of companies and operators, we understand and agree with the decision taken by our partner BolognaFiere to reschedule the event for September,” Ancorotti said.
Coronavirus impact on beauty events
Two other cosmetic tradeshows scheduled to take place in Shanghai – LuxePack and PCHi – have also been postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
More recently, in-cosmetics Global set to be held in Barcelona this month also rescheduled to June.