K-beauty firm Skinidea develops new brand to target US market as part of expansion plans

By Amanda Lim

- Last updated on GMT

Skinidea has developed a new skin care brand, MDP, specifically to target US beauty consumers. [Medipeel]
Skinidea has developed a new skin care brand, MDP, specifically to target US beauty consumers. [Medipeel]

Related tags K-Beauty Skin care

South Korean cosmetics company Skinidea has developed a new skin care brand, MDP, specifically to target US beauty consumers as it reinforces global expansion.

This follows the news in February that Skinidea was acquired by Morgan Stanley Private Equity (MSPE).

MSPE secured a 67% stake in the company. According to the press statement, the remaining 33% is held by the brand’s founder.

Moving forward, the goal is to expand the brand further both globally and domestically on the back of the increased interest in skin care and K-beauty.

In addition to the US, the company was also aiming to boost its presence in Japan.

“In terms of market, Skinidea sees high opportunities in untapped markets that have a high presence and response towards K-beauty. Countries that have a large beauty markets like Japan and US will be our biggest target markets," ​said Kim, director, public relations, Skinidea.

Medipeel potential

The firm will also focus on expanding the international presence of flagship brand MEDIPEEL, which has already established a global presence in the market.

“MEDIPEEL is available in more than 50 countries globally, and the sales growth in global markets specially in Asia and North America is remarkable. MEDIPEEL products are well known for their high-functional features, and these features are the results of MEDIPEEL's continuing efforts to become a Derma Beauty Creator," ​said Kim.

Alongside its market expansion, the firm is prepared to renew product lines to make it more “appealing”​ as well as enhance its design features, said Kim.

“Skinidea will continue to enhance brand image and focus on markets with great potential like Japan and US.”

The company also sees an opportunity to develop new products that can meet the needs of local consumers.

“The standard of beauty and health is viewed differently by each market, and so, Skinidea works closely with manufacturers to create customised product lines to match these local demands,” ​said Kim.

“MEDIPEEL offers various skin care product lineups recognised by global consumers for quality and satisfaction. We'll continue to put a lot of effort into developing quality products for different skin types and purposes.”

Kim told us that MSPE’s decision to invest in Skinidea was driven by the strength of its brands, as well as its fast-growing revenue.

“Fast-growing revenue is the proof of quality products and speedy development of new products that meet the fast-changing needs of consumers. In particular, the revenue doubled between 2019 and 2023, which is a remarkable growth considering the COVID-19 situation.”

Related news

Related products

show more

Calendula Cellular Elixir: Alchemy in a cell

Calendula Cellular Elixir: Alchemy in a cell

Content provided by Naolys | 11-Jun-2024 | Product Brochure

Get ready to experience a cellular evolution in skincare with InnerLift Calendula's advanced Plant Cell biotechnology.

Exosomes: Passing Trend or Transformative Reality?

Exosomes: Passing Trend or Transformative Reality?

Content provided by Naolys | 23-Feb-2024 | Sponsored Link

Exosomes, microscopic vesicles naturally present in abundance within Plant Cells, have garnered significant attention within the scientific and cosmetic...

Give collagen and your products a boost

Give collagen and your products a boost

Content provided by Lycored SARL | 14-Feb-2024 | White Paper

Lumenato, Lycored’s scientifically supported proprietary wellness extract, gets to work quickly complementing and protecting the structural benefits of...

Follow us

Products

View more

Webinars

Podcast

Beauty 4.0 Podcast