1. When did Guangzhou Batai Chemical launch?
Guangzhou Batai Chemical was built in 2009.
2. How many employees do you have?
About 100 employees
3. What problem was Guangzhou Batai Chemical aiming to solve when it launched?
We are aiming to provide pleasant-to-the-touch cosmetics and raise customers’ happiness levels and experience when they are using products.
4. What are the main considerations when handling organic silicon raw materials in the cosmetics space?
First of all, what we consider to be important is how deeply we love the organosilicon, and our ability to produce it well. The co-founders of Batai Chemical have been engaged in research and development and marketing for many years in the industry of organosilicon.
Secondly, the first impression of a product is very important for consumers when using cosmetic products. If the product makes the consumers feel good, it will also be more popular.
Organosilicon is stable and safe and is considered a product with vitality.
5. How has this market changed in accordance with regulations, manufacturing and consumer needs?
Laws and regulations relating to product research and development have changed and companies must comply with the relevant provisions.
The production process is the key to quality control and consumer demand is the direction of product development.
Brands must act only in accordance with the relevant regulatory requirements, quality and stability to meet the needs of consumers. The aim is for qualified products to get more in-depth application and recognition.
6. What are the leading drivers and typical preferences for organic silicon formulations from formulators and brands?
Organosilicon can bring a silky, velvet-like texture to products. It is this demand that is behind the pursuit of more and more product launches.
7. How has production technology changed?
Technological changes mainly manifest in manufacturing processes and category development. Mainly, it is shown via the following three aspects:
- Eap-and-bound development in the manufacturing process. This not only uses simple mixing but also uses polymerisation technology skillfully;
- Most people believe that silicone products can just be used in oil systems, but now through our independent R&D, our category can be extended to aqua system products;
- Our products are made of pure chemosynthesis to span to the integrated application of chemical synthesis and natural ingredients.
8. What are the dominating trends in skin care, hair and make up that you a currently witnessing in terms of raw material use?
The combination of chemical synthesis and natural ingredients makes it easy to operate - this will be a major trend in the development of raw materials.
9. What are consumers key demands/considerations when opting for raw organic silicon? How are brands responding to this?
Key demands relate to the feel and texture of cosmetics products created using raw organic silicon. The sense of touch has the first impact on how consumers experience products, and it is the major factor to judge whether the product is good or not in a short time.
Brands will pay more and more attention to the texture and feel of the skin. We are convinced that the application of organosilicon will be more and more extensive.
10. What is Guangzhou Batai Chemical's USP?
Following our enterprise mission: to pursue excellence and to create happiness.
11. How is Guangzhou Batai Chemical helping to transform the industry?
To be honest, Guangzhou Batai Chemical is not able to affect the industry. However, we will insist on creating the product and providing increasingly competitive choices for extensive formulators.
Products are to be driven by consumers’ demand for research and development. As we insist on making differentiated products, we could ultimately provide consumers with happiness through soft-to-touch textures.
12. What are the biggest hurdles relating to marketing your products?
We are currently committed to promoting the Batai brand, and making the Batai brand widely recognised and trusted by consumers.
13. What has been the company's standout moment to date?
We have different planning stages in our enterprise development process. Therefore, our standout moment is throughout the whole process of going beyond excellence.
14. What advice would you have for other entrepreneurs looking to enter the cosmetics sector?
Never forget why you started, and your mission can be accomplished. We are full of love in the cosmetics industry.
15. What are the differences between China and the wider APAC markets, when it comes to raw material preference?
It is very similar, but the difference, I think, for some specific products is based on user habits.
16. Where do you see the future of organic silicon and raw material usage and handling heading?
A correct understanding of consumer demands is the king of the world.